Because your privacy is very important to us, CitizenScienceCenter.com operates by these principles:
- The CitizenScienceCenter.com web site (“Site”) is maintained by 8351511 Canada Inc., 9216 Fairview Line, Chatham, ON, Canada. 8351511 Canada Inc. is a company federally incorporated in Canada.
- Our use of any personal information you provide to CitizenScienceCenter.com is regulated and protected by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- To the extent that CitizenScienceCenter.com collects any information from our visitors and users, whether that information is personally identifying or not, either from actively provided information, from “cookies,” or from our web hosting service, CitizenScienceCenter.com uses such information only for our own purposes relating to providing our services. Such information is not knowingly provided to any third parties except as explicitly disclosed herein.
- When you visit our Site, our server collects information (“server logs”) regarding the pages you request, your IP address, and the server’s success in sending you the page you requested. These server logs are used for diagnostic and maintenance purposes and to produce aggregated statistics we may use to monitor and improve our services.
- Your web browser may accept a “session cookie” that allows the web server to associate your requests with each other and to distinguish them from the requests of other visitors. The “session cookie” is a random string of letters and numbers and contains no personally identifying information.
- Your web browser sends information “request headers” to any site you visit to let the site know what language(s) you prefer to see the site displayed in. You can control this information using the options or preferences settings in your browser software. This information is used only to serve the current request and for system diagnostics.
- When you use our Site search page, the search terms you requested and the top results displayed may be remembered in order to monitor and improve the accuracy of the search results the search page provides. This information is not used by us for other purposes.
- Your personal information, including the contact details you provide, is used to respond to any e-mail, web site, postal, fax, or telephone query you make.
- If your inquiry is about an advertising order you have already placed, your inquiry will be correlated with information regarding that order.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be retained to assist in fulfilling future orders, for example, when you ask us for a quote, or to answer further queries from you.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be used to monitor or improve our customer service procedures.
- We do not share personal information with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy. We may be required to disclose any personal information we hold as a result of a legitimate request or warrant, or for other reasons required or allowed by applicable laws. If we believe that a crime, tort, or other illegal act has taken place or is about to take place, we may voluntarily disclose relevant personal information to the police, courts, or other competent authorities.
Agents, Successors, and Assigns
Recourse and Dispute Resolution
- Any personal information you provide to CitizenScienceCenter.com is regulated by Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. You have the right to know what personal information CitizenScienceCenter.com holds about you and to request correction of any errors or omissions therein. We reserve the right, as required by law, to require additional evidence of your identity in order to ensure that personal information we hold is disclosed only to you. Please direct all such inquiries by post and enclose a copy of a document that confirms your identity (i.e., your driving license) to: The Data Protection and Privacy Officer, 8351511 Canada Inc., 9216 Fairview Line, Chatham, ON, Canada.